October 24, 2009

the kids are alright

Couldn't it all just be a little bit simpler?  That is what I have been thinking about more and more lately.  Obviously, with the economy in the state that it is in, we are left wondering what is really important.  And I think that really, in a lot of ways, it seems like children intuitively know something about this.  I asked my two-year-old son what the most important thing in life is, and he said, "No put crayons in my mouth."  Now, aren't those words we could all stand to live by?

Well, over the years, as I've taught and now parented, I have learned a lot from kids.  They inspire me to keep learning, discovering, creating--and I want to share some of that with all of you.  Maybe some of what works in my classroom and my home will work for you.

1 comment:

  1. The no-crayons-in-mouth rule is a great one. Makes me think that if there were a sequel to the book "Everything I Ever Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten," the title should end with "...I Learned from My Pre-schooler!" -LSE

    ReplyDelete